We SUPPORT the GIRLS is committed to providing the Falls Church community with information regarding local events (in the greater Washington, DC area), as well as national news related to the issue of child sexual abuse. These items will include workshops and educational opportunities, proclamations and public recognition ceremonies, and high-profile events at the national level which help to raise the profile of this important issue.
As you can see, there have been and continue to be many events available to the Falls Church community on this important topic. We will post new information as we find it, but please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you hear of other opportunities that may be of interest. With all of this momentum, there has never been a better time to raise the profile of this issue!
Child sex abuse victims start campaign to help others, WUSA Channel 9, Falls Church, VA
Human Relations Media features video, Defining Sexual Assault
- Falls Church City Council Proclamation Declaring April 2016 as Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Month
- SCAN Announces Movie Screenings in April, 2016. BREAKING THE SILENCE, A documentary addressing the issue of Child Sexual Abuse. Sunday, August 30 10/9c
- April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month & National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Lady Gaga's, Til It Happens To You. A portion of proceeds from the sale of the song will be donated to organizations helping survivors of sexual assault.
- Breaking the Silence (movie). Defending a teen charged with patricide drudges up dark memories for a lawyer.
- The Hunting Ground (movie). An exposé of rape crimes on U.S. college campuses, their institutional cover-ups, and the devastating toll they take on students and their families.